For Christmas, we decided to leave the presents at home, and take a trip to Mexico for some warmer weather. It was the perfect time of year, and my pasty skin needed a tan! We spent a few days in Los Barilles, Mexico- which is mainly a fishing town. And then headed to Cabo San Lucas.
Tips for Mexico:
1. Don't spend too much time in Cabo! Cabo is a party scene. If that what you are looking for, go right ahead.... but if you want a fun and true Mexican vacation, head to a small town like Los Barilles. I personally wish we would have stayed in Los Barilles for our whole trip.
2. Take a risk and go fishing! Our family loves to fish, and my husband lives for it! So, it was expected that we would fish our hearts out. & we did just that! Mexico has amazing fishing, and it doesnt cost a whole lot to charter a fishing boat! Make sure to keep some of the Dorado and Tuna you catch for some fresh Ceviche at the hotel. All you need to do is give the cooks the fish, and they will make you the Catch of the Day. Nothing better than eating something you know was caught a few hours before!
3. Eat wayyyy tooo many tacos! Don't be afraid to try restaurants, and experiment with new food! While you are out, stop at a grocery store and try some Mexican treats and a Mexico coke in a bottle!
4. Glass Bottom Boat in Cabo. Be very careful when ordering a boat in Cabo to head out to Lovers Beach. There are a lot of scammers, and they will take your money, and give you exact NOT what you asked for in return. So just make sure you are smart and real with the people you buy from. Bring googles and flippers to Lover's Beach to do a little snorkeling. The current is strong, so be very careful... but if you are a strong swimmer, it is so fun to see all the fish!
5. Take a day trip to Todos Los Santos, and if you can plan ahead, release some turtles! We didn't get a chance to, bummer!